Metro mayor candidates: join our campaign!
Private renters want metro mayors who will:
- Introduce a landlord and letting agent database to help renters avoid being ripped off by criminal operators
- Introduce a property licence checker to allow renters to check if their home requires a licence, and potentially claim back rent if it doesn’t have one
- Provide training for borough housing and Trading Standards teams to tackle unlawful behaviour by landlords and letting agents.
- Involve private renters in decision making - balloting private renters on decisions that will affect their housing.
- Work with Police and Crime Commissioners to end illegal evictions - through better training and recording of incidents
Metro Mayors must also advocate for renters to national Government by lobbying for:
- Powers to implement rent stabilisation measures
- A national landlord register
- An end to Section 21 evictions
Will you be a City Region champion for private renters? Pledge here
Read Generation Rent's manifesto on how metro mayors can help private renters live in safer, secure and more affordable homes.
Are you a private renter? Join our campaign for better rights for renters here