Renters Reform Coalition
A great job opportunity has opened up with the newly formed Renters Reform Coalition for a Coalition Project Manager.
Established by 19 leading organisations supporting private renters, including national housing charities, renter unions, advice centres and think tanks, the new Renters Reform Coalition are united in their mission to reform the private rented sector so that everyone who relies on it for their home can prosper. The coalition is funded by the Nationwide Foundation and is managed through Generation Rent.
A list of the coalition members and more information can be found here
Renters Reform Coalition Project Manager
The coalition is looking for a talented and highly motivated project manager to co-ordinate and drive its work with Government, and other partners. The aim of the coalition is to ensure the pending Renters’ Reform Bill delivers a more just housing system and ensure all renters have access to a safe, affordable and secure homes.
This role requires a team player, and creative self-starter who can cope well with lots of internal and external communication. Working with senior stakeholders you will ensure the actions agreed by the coalition are delivered.
So, if you're keen to share your project management experience with the coalition, and can start immediately from January 2021, please send your CV and a covering letter to:
[email protected] by 5pm on Monday 11 January 2021.
The provisional date for interviews is Friday 15 January 2021.
Contract type: Fixed term until 30 September 2021
Hours: 35 hours per week, flexible working permitted
Salary: £33,000 pro rata
Responsible to: Renters Reform Coalition Members
Line manager: Policy and Public Affairs Manager, Generation Rent
Location: This post is suitable for home and flexible working
The Coalition Manager will be responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating all activities associated with the coalition to include:
- Co-ordination of all coalition meetings and events
- General management for coalition activities and associated projects, for example commissioning research and polling and organising events
- Ensuring all coalition actions are delivered on time and to budget
- Liaison and providing support to the coalition chair, all coalition members, partners and advisors
- Management of the coalition budget
- Promotion of coalition work in the media and online as agreed by the coalition
- Management of coalition website, data and social media promotion
- Long-term strategic development of the coalition and its work
- Liaison with other external stakeholders as directed by the coalition
- Ensuring all activities are delivered in line with the coalition terms of reference.
- Develop and ensure the delivery of a comprehensive coalition action plan
- Coordinate and facilitate all coalition meetings and events
- Communicate effectively with coalition members and advisors to promote collaboration, negotiation, and problem solving
- Liaise and provide support to all coalition members and advisors
- Maintain a database of coalition members, advisors and actions assigned to them
- Work as team member with coalition members, advisors, their staff and representatives to meet coalition aims
- Continually broaden expertise in the area of rent reform
- Represent the coalition at meetings as directed by the coalition working group
- Collaborate with other organisations as directed by the coalition working group
- Maintain and develop content for the coalition website as directed by the working group
- Develop marketing and media materials, campaigns, and opportunities as directed by the working group and wider coalition – working in partnership with the relevant staff members working for coalition members
- Direct and assist coalition to develop legislative action that promotes the coalition mission by developing position statements; reviewing and recommending endorsements of policies, and briefings advocating for policies
- Liaise with external stakeholders on behalf of the coalition to secure support for the aims of the coalition
- Continuously evaluate coalition effectiveness and plans
- Document findings and progress of actions and activities in a written report presented to each coalition meeting
- Manage and oversee expenditure of coalition budget
- Direct the work and activities of coalition administrative support staff
- Attend all coalition meetings and events
- Carry out any tasks as directed by your line manager, and coalition working group
- Proven ability to work independently
- Public relations or marketing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications kills
- Experience of managing a similar project
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Knowledge of the legislative process is desirable