Generation Rent can't offer advice about individual problems. Here are a few organisations that can:
- Advice for Renters provides free or low-cost legal advice and representation from expert housing specialists.
- Shelter's free housing advice helpline 0808 800 4444 is open 8am-8pm on weekdays and 8am-5pm on weekends, 365 days a year.
- Citizens Advice has a network of local bureaux
- A solicitor listed on Housing Law Practitioners Association
- A solicitor listed on Law Centres Network
- Safer Renting protects tenants dealing with criminal landlords, specialising in preventing illegal evictions
- Get Rent Back can help you claim back rent from a negligent landlord
- Justice for Tenants can help you claim back rent as above, and recover an unprotected deposit